When contacting referenced providers, please let them know your affiliation with GRFD, or at least your status as a fire department employee.
Doing so will help providers focus their initial response.
In-House Emergent and Non-Emergent Assistance
Health and Safety Deputy Chief:
- Chris Grissom – (520) 404-1385
On Duty Battalion Chiefs:
- BC 370 – (520) 825-5911
- BC 380 – (520) 825-5925
Financial Assistance with Mental Health & Wellness Services
Greater Tucson Fire Foundation (GTFF) Fund for Mental Health Care costs beyond those covered through insurance:
- GTFF Helpline & Support Services – (520) 333-5695
Critical Situation Professional Response
Sonora Behavioral Crisis Stabilization Team
- Phone Number – (520) 469-8700
Critical Situation – Over the Phone Counseling
National Suicide Prevention Line:
- (800) 273-8255
Crisis Response Network (Central AZ Line):
- (800) 631-1314
IAFF 24-Hour Helpline:
- (844) 359-8764
Firestrong Firefighter & Family Crisis & Support:
- (844) 525-3473
Professional Counseling Services
For a time sensitive, but non-emergent need (weekday availability).
All providers will respond within 24 hours. Initial visit normally scheduled within a week of initial contact.
Please be sure to indicate your GRFD affiliation.
Jorgenson Brooks Group – (520) 575-5400
- See SOP 1621 Employee Assistance Program
Sunlight Center for Change (GTFF Affiliate) – (520) 344-0056
- All types – Trauma/First Responder specialist available
Sequoia Springs Counseling (GTFF Affiliate) – (520) 447-4164
- All Types – Trauma/First Responder specialist available
Sonora Behavioral Outpatient Services, Dan Krepps – (520) 312-6111
- All types – Trauma specialists available
Jewish Family/Children Services – (520) 795-0300
- All types – Counseling for all ages
Marana Health Care – (520) 682-1091
- All types – Trauma/First Responder Specialist
Caritas Center for Healing, Sue Dolence – (520) 336-3964
- All types – Trauma/First Responder Specialist
He Said / She Said, E.J. & Tarah Kerwin – (520) 955-4809, or (520) 955-1876
- Couples Specialists
De Novo Wellness Center
- Jennifer Spencer, Couples – (520) 395-2442
- Somayeh Shunk, Trauma & Postpartum Depression – (520) 395 2369
- Berenis Romo, Children/Adolescents & Families, Spanish Speaking – (520) 395-1200
Faith-Based Professional Counseling Services
Any qualified counselor can address issues of faith and for most folks this will be more than adequate. For others, however, faith is the bedrock of their sense of well-being.
- Renewal Centers, Michelle Statt or Gina Bains to schedule – (520) 791-9974
- MHC Healthcare *Request Randy Buck* – (520) 682-1091
- GRFD Chaplain Steve Wright (520) 334-0075
- Grace Counseling Ministry, Anne Lewis – (520) 447-4164
Critical and Long-Term Inpatient Services
Americas Rehab Campuses – Arizona – 6944 E Tanque Verde Rd 85715
- Admissions – (844) 272-5609
- Frank Eisenhauer – (24 Hours) (602) 339-7338
- 24 Hour On-Site Admissions for Critical Intervention – No Prior Contact Required
- This facility provides several acuity levels of inpatient services – The facility has a number of amenities such as a pool, on site café, and workout room. The intent is to provide a quality residential environment that encourages healthy behavior and social interaction.
Intensive Inpatient Rehab/Counseling – This program is for both substance dependence and/or mental health difficulties (monitored 24 hours/day residence with scheduled counseling sessions).
Residential Rehab/Counseling Services – This program provides a service where recipients live on the premises while completing the appropriate rehabilitative/counseling curriculum, but can leave for work, to meet family, etc.
Sober Living – This program provides rental apartments on the grounds of the facility, but separate from the inpatient services. The intent is to allow individuals who are experiencing an event, such as a relationship separation, with a short-term rental option that does not have a time commitment attached. The units are essentially apartments and renters are free to come and go as they please, however, as the name of the program implies, there are limits on activities allowed onsite.
Critical Short-Term Inpatient Services (Stabilization & Counseling)
Sonora Behavioral Health – 6050 N Corona Rd 85704
- Admissions (24 hours) – (520) 469-8700
- 24-Hour On-Site Admissions for Critical Intervention – No Prior Contact Required
Out-of-State Inpatient Services
IAFF Center for Behavioral Health Treatment & Recovery – Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Admissions – (855) 900-8437
Journey Healing Centers – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Admissions (All Services) – (844) 899-1538
- Admissions 6-day First Responder Healing Retreat – (888) 597-4355
Alternative Rehabilitative Healing Retreats
Boulder Crest Retreat – Arizona / Virginia – Healing Heroes. One Family at a time.
*Programs are no cost to Vets / First Responders, but there is an application/review process
- Warrior PATHH: 18-month program begins with a 7-day intensive and immersive in-residence initiation.
- Family PATHH: 5-day program focused on the entire family
- Couples PATHH: 3-day program
- Caregiver PATHH: 3-day program
- Family Rest and Reconnection R&R: 2-7 night family focused retreat